http://swazilandforum.com/?n=iq-option-postepay-evolution Laver Cup is tennis’ latest invention, born to spice up the sport and inject some thrill into the otherwise monotonous format of the game. The format seems congruent to something we have seen in Ryder Cup of golf.
opzioni binarie wiki Two teams, Europe and The World will face off wherein each team comprises of six players. Both teams are led by non-playing captains – former players of repute and legends of the sport.
binäre optionen zeiten The event is designed to be played over three days. Friday and Saturday will have both, day and night sessions followed by a final day session on Sunday. Four best-of-three ad scoring, with a 10-point tiebreaker, will be played along with three singles and a doubles. In such a format, each player gets to play at least one singles and some will step on court twice on the same day to play the two categories.
Buy Tastylia 20 mg There do exist certain rules like no player can play singles more than twice in the three days and at least four of the six players must play doubles. In the event of a tie after all 12 matches are played, a final overtime doubles match will be played as a regular set with ad scoring and a tiebreak. Match ups will be determined prior to the first match each day through the blind exchange of lineup cards by the captains.
binäre optionen ticker Each match-win will be worth one point on Friday, two points on Saturday, and three points on Sunday. The first team to reach 13 points out of a total 24 points available will win the Laver Cup. If the points are tied at 12-12 at the end of all matches, the fifth match on Sunday will be played to determine the winner. The event will be played on one competition hard-court in a retractable roof stadium or indoor arena.
http://www.spaeltaschraenzer.at/?kylyambyr=binary-option-broker-test&ea8=97 “The idea is to absolutely have a tough tournament, tough matches, the better man wins, that’s the idea of the Laver Cup,” Federer said. Federer further insisted that an exhibition “is not how the captains see it, that’s not how Rod Laver sees it. He wants us to represent our part of the world with pride and try our very best and also win for our teammates.”
Alongside Hopman Cup, Laver Cup aims to bring a breath of fresh air to the tennis fraternity where the top men in the world will be seen being pitted against each other in a unique fashion.
Here’re are some quick facts about Laver Cup:
- The Laver Cup is a three-day tournament pitting a team of six of the best tennis players from Europe against six of their counterparts from the rest of the world
- The tournament has been named in honour of Australian tennis legend Rod Laver, the only man to win two calendar-year Grand Slams, and one of the greatest players of all time
- For the first three years, Björn Borg will captain Team Europe and John McEnroe will lead Team World
- Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Marin Cilic, Dominic Thiem, Tomas Berdych and Alexander Zverev have committed to play for Team Europe
- John Isner, Jack Sock, Nick Kyrgios, Sam Querrey, Juan Martin del Potro and Denis Shapovalov have been confirmed to represent Team World
- The unique format of the tournament will showcase tennis superstars competing on the same team, playing singles, pairing up in doubles and cheering each other from the sidelines
- The inaugural Laver Cup is being held at the O2 Arena in Prague, Czech Republic, from September 22 to 24, 2017
- The location will rotate between major cities in Europe and the rest of the world each year
- The 2018 edition of the Laver Cup will take place in the United States
- The Laver Cup will be staged annually two weeks after the US Open, except in summer Olympic years.
Stay tuned to Dsport for more updates on this unique celebration of tennis.