Teams: Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake
Kick-off: 06:00 AM, BBVA Compass Stadium – Houston, Texas
Where to Watch: Catch live action on DSport, this Thursday
Last Game Played: Sep 18, 2016; RSL 0 – 1 HOU
Season Goal leaders: Houston Dynamo – Erick Torres (9 goals), Real Salt Lake – Yura Movsisyan (4 goals)
This Thursday, Houston Dynamo will take on Real Salt Lake at home ground BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas. The match kicks off at 06:00 am on Friday and will be televised live on DSport.
Real Salt Lake’s forward player, Yura Movsisyan scored four goals in five games from the middle of March to the middle of April, but he went goalless in three straight starts. RSL lost those games by a combined score of 9-1.
With two games this week, the first on the road at the Houston Dynamo, Movsisyan could get an opportunity to re-take his starting spot.
Wilmer Cabrera’s team have won six of their seven games at home, scoring 19 goals. Alberth Elis returned from a hamstring injury in Houston’s 0-0 draw at FC Dallas. Getting Romell Quioto and Alberth Elis, along with Erick “Cubo” Torres and Mauro Manotas, back on track should be Cabrera’s No. 1 priority.
Venezuelan international forward Jefferson Savarino joined RSL on May 9 and has played two matches since then; the team has won both the matches.
Savarino has given RSL a jolt when they badly needed it, with Brooks Lennon and Sebastian Saucedo away at the Under-20 World Cup. Savarino is highly creative on the ball, able to beat defenders in 1v1 situations, and has shown the ability to play the final ball as evidenced by his two assists. Keeping in mind that it’s a very small sample size, Savarino is averaging 1.89 chances created from open play per 90 minutes and 1.89 dribbles completed per 90. Both of those figures lead the team.
- Suspended: None
- Int’l Duty: D DaMarcus Beasley (USA)
- Injury Report: OUT – D George Malki (torn ACL), M Eric Alexander (right knee MCL sprain); QUESTIONABLE – F Romell Quioto (ankle injury), D Leonardo (undisclosed injury)
- Projected Starting XI (4-3-3): GK: Tyler Deric – AJ DeLaGarza, Adolfo Machado, Jalil Anibaba, Dylan Remick – Juan David Cabezas, Ricardo Clark, Alex – Alberth Elis, Erick “Cubo” Torres, Mauro Manotas
Notes: Erick “Cubo” Torres has scored seven goals in six home matches this season. Since 2010, only two players have scored more home goals for the Dynamo: Giles Barnes (eight goals in 17 home appearances) and Will Bruin (eight goals in 13 home appearances, both in 2014.
Real Salt Lake
- Suspended: None
- Int’l Duty: D Justen Glad (U-20 World Cup), D Danny Acosta (U-20 World Cup), F Sebastian Saucedo (U-20 World Cup), F Brooks Lennon (U-20 World Cup), GK Nick Rimando (USA)
- Injury Report: OUT – F Chad Barrett (knee surgery), D David Horst (knee surgery); QUESTIONABLE – M Jordan Allen (right quad strain), D Demar Phillips (hamstring injury)
- Projected Starting XI (4-2-3-1): GK: Matt Van Oekel — Tony Beltran, Aaron Maund, Chris Schuler, Chris Wingert — Kyle Beckerman, Sunny — Jefferson Savarino, Albert Rusnak, Joao Plata — Luis Silva
Notes: Salt Lake have been shut out in three consecutive away matches (3L) and in five total away games this season (only Sporting Kansas City has been shut out more on the road – 6). The club has not been shut out in four straight regular-season away games since Oct. 5, 2014-March 7, 2015 … Albert Rusnak has created 31 chances this season for RSL; no teammate has more than 15.
- Overall: Houston 11 wins (32 goals) … RSL 8 wins (35 goals) … Ties 5
- At Houston: Houston 9 wins (26 goals) … RSL 2 wins (22 goals) … Ties 1