his explanation Played with much strength and adored by cheering audiences, basketball is one of the world’s most popular and widely viewed sports. The game is played between two teams of five players each. The tall and tough players take the game to a new level with their power pack dribbling, shooting, and jumping skills.
Seeing the popularity of the game, DSPORT has picked up some interesting facts about the game that you might not have heard of:
- Canadian James Naismith (1861–1939)—a physical education teacher from Springfield, MA—invented the game of basketball in 1891.
- Basketball became part of the Summer Olympic Games in Berlin, Germany, in 1936.
- Originally, two teams of 9 players made up a basketball game, a number that was based on the standard number of players on a baseball team. Later, the teams were reduced to 5 players on the court
- Two leagues called the National Basketball League (NBL) and the Basketball Association of America (BAA) merged after the 1948-49 season to become today’s National Basketball Association (NBA).
- The Boston Celtics have won the most basketball championships (17), including seven straight from 1960 to 1966.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who played 20 seasons in the National Basketball Association, holds the record for most points scored in a career with 38,387.
- On March 2, 1962, Philadelphia center Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in one game against New York. That is the most one player has ever scored in one game.
- Michael Jordan, who retired in January 1999 but returned to the league in 2001, has scored more points (5,987) in the playoffs than any other player.
- Initially, dribbling was not a large part of the game. Players would catch the ball, be allowed a few steps to slow down, stop, and then throw the ball from that spot. Once the modern basketball was invented in the 1950s, dribbling became a crucial part of the game.
- The basketball record for the biggest margin of a win goes to the Cleveland Cavaliers over the Miami Heat on December 17, 1991, when they demolished the Heat 148–80.
- Karl Malone of the Utah Jazz holds the record for the most free throws at 9,787 in his career.
binär optionen wiki Top 5 greatest basketball players:
Jordan is an American retired professional basketball player, businessman, principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets. Jordan was one of the most effectively marketed athletes of his generation and was considered instrumental in popularizing the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s. Undoubtedly Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time.
James achievements make him the second-best player in the basketball history. No one has ever come close to combining his dominance, versatility, and intelligence into one package. James has won three Basketball Championships, four Basketball Most Valuable Player Awards, three Basketball Finals MVP Awards, two Olympic gold medals, a Basketball Scoring Title, and the Basketball Rookie of the Year Award.
forex cambi tempo reale Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
He is an American retired professional basketball player who played 20 seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the Milwaukee Bucks and the Los Angeles Lakers. The all-time leading scorer is famous for his longevity and all the records that came with a storied career.
Standing strong against his opponents, Shaquille O’Neal was one of the most dominant players in the basketball. After his 2011 retirement, he became an on-screen league analyst. His ability to pulverize the opposition makes him one of best in the sport.
http://creatingsparks.com/?endonezit=binary-option-trading-tutorial Wilt Chamberlain
Wilt Chamberlain was the first basketball player to score more than 30,000 cumulative points over his career, and the first and only player to score 100 points in a single game.